Who is the richest actor in Ghana? The richest Ghanaian actor is called Peter Mensah with an estimated net worth of $8 million. In 2016, Yen reports Peter was worth around $5 million, which means his fortune has surged to an awesome amount and is expected to grow in the coming years.
Peter Mensah is a Ghanaian-English actor, best known for his roles in the films Tears of the Sun, Hidalgo, and 300, and television series such as Starz’ Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, and Spartacus: Vengeance.
Peter Mensah has been doing martial arts since he was 6 years old, growing up in St. Albans, England, just north of London. A former engineer, Mensah came to Canada 11 years ago. He’d worked for British Gas developing gas fields at Morecambe Bay and had done theatre in school.
He comes from an academic family. His father, an architect, relocated with his mother to their native Ghana. He only has two younger sisters. Mensah emigrated from Britain to see the world and it was a toss-up whether his destination would be Canada or Australia. The paperwork for Canada came through first.
Was considered for the role of Detective Winn in Prom Night (2008). He met James Cameron in a parking lot, and Cameron cast him in Avatar (2009) on the spot.
Grew up in England.
Who are the richest actors in Ghana? Here’s a list of the top 10 successful and highest-paid Ghanaian actors and their estimated net worth.
10. Kofi Adjorlolo – $300,000 to $500,000
- Real Name: Kofi Adjorlolo
- Date of Birth: June 14, 1956
- Age: 66 years old
- Birthplace: Keta, Ghana
- Parents: Matilda Johnson, Johnny Adjorlolo
- Net Worth: $300K to $500K
Kofi Adjorlolo is a Ghanaian actor and producer. He has been nominated once for Best Actor in a Lead Role at the Ghana Movie Awards, and four times for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, at the Ghana Movie Awards, Africa Movie Academy Awards, and the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
Kofi Adjorlolo is one of the richest actors in Ghana. He is estimated to be worth around $300,000 to $500,000 from his career as an actor, director, producer, and other endeavors.
9. Prince David Osei – $500,000 to $1 Million
- Real Name: Prince David Osei
- Date of Birth: December 6, 1983
- Age: 39 years old
- Spouse: Louisa Nana Ama Asieduaa Korankye
- Net Worth: $500K to $1 million
- Instagram Handle: @princedavidosei
Prince David Osei is a Ghanaian actor, model, producer, director, and philanthropist. He has been featured in many Ghanaian and Nigerian movies, including Fortune Island, Last Night, Hero, Forbidden Fruit, and others. He has also been featured in the American movie titled The Dead.
As an actor, activist, model, humanitarian, and business mogul, Prince David Osei is estimated to be worth around $500K to $1 million.
8. Narsh Smith – $1 Million
- Real Name: Narsh Alexei Smith
- Net Worth: $1 Million
- Profession: Actor, Martial Artist, and Model
- Instagram Handle: @narshsmith
Narsh Alexei Smith is an actor, known for Some Smoke and a Red Locker (2019) When Love Comes Around (2014), and How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) (2019).
He is an actor, martial artist, and model from Ghana but based in the United States of America.
He was born in Accra Ghana before relocating to California in the United States at a very tender age.
Away from acting, Narsh has appeared in several commercial and fashion magazines as part of his modeling career.
Narsh is one of the best actors putting Ghana on the map. Also, he is one of the most handsome actors and the richest movie star in Ghana.
His estimated net worth is around $1 million.
7. Majid Michel – $2 Million
- Real Name: Majid Michel
- Date of Birth: September 22, 1980
- Age 42 years old
- Birthplace: Cantonments, Accra, Ghana
- Spouse: Virna Michel
- Siblings: Aro Michel, Roberta Michel, Sputnic Michel, MORE
- Children: Zara Michel, Kiera Michel
- Parents: Paulina Olympio, Michael Michel-Erawoc
- Net Worth: $2 Million
- Instagram Handle: @majidmichelmm
Majid Michel is a Ghanaian actor, model, television personality, evangelist, and humanitarian. He received nominations for Best Actor in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2017. He eventually won the award in 2012 after three previous consecutive nominations.
Majid Michel is one of the finest Ghanaian actors with an estimated net worth of $2 million making him one of the richest actors in Ghana.
6. Adjetey Anang – $4 Million
- Real Name: Adjetey Anang
- Date of Birth: July 8, 1973
- Age: age 49 years old
- Birthplace: Ghana
- Spouse: Elorm Anang
- Children: 1
- Profession: Actor, Lecturer, UNHCR Influencer
- Net Worth: 4 million
- Instagram Handle: @adjeteyanang
Adjetey Anang is a Ghanaian actor, popularly known as “Pusher”, which was his screen name in the television series Things We Do for Love. He has been featured in many Ghanaian movies, including Deadly Voyage, A Sting in a Tale, The Perfect Picture, and others. He has also featured in a Dutch movie titled Slavery.
Adjetey Anang is one of the best actors in Ghana at the moment with several accolades to his name.
From his acting career, Anang has made wealth for himself and he is among the top 10 richest actors in Ghana with an estimated net worth of $4 million.
5. Ekow Smith Asante – $4.2 Million
- Real Name: Ekow Smith Asante
- Date of Birth: April 15, 1973
- Age: 49 years old
- Birthplace: Takoradi
- Education: University of Ghana
- Profession: Actor
- Spouse: Nittina Sowah
- Net Worth: $4.2 Million
- Instagram Handle: @ecowsmith_asante
Ekow Smith-Asante (born 15 April 1973) is a Ghanaian actor. He comes from Mampong Akropong in the Western Region of Ghana. He has three siblings and married to Nittina Sowah in August 2015 with children.
He started his primary school education in Takoradi, Ghana, and went to Ghanata Senior High School in Dodowa for his secondary education. He further studied Theatre Art at the University of Ghana where he was awarded a national diplomat and bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts. He had his master’s degree in Communication Studies at the University of Ghana
In 2020, Smith-Asante starred in the scripted comedy fiction podcast DEM TIMES, voicing the role of PAA, the grandfather to Samuel Adjei.
Ekow Smith is one of the richest actors in Ghana now with an estimated net worth of $4.2 million, per YEN.
4. Van Vicker – $5 Million
- Real Name: Joseph Van Vicker
- Date of Birth: August 1, 1977
- Age: 45 years old
- Birthplace: Accra, Ghana
- Spouse: Adjoa Vicker (m. 2003)
- Children: J’dyl Vicker, J-ian Vicker, Vj Van Vicker
- Siblings: Phylicia Anderson
- Net Worth: $5 million
- Instagram Handle: @iam_vanvicker
Joseph van Vicker, better known as Van Vicker, is a Ghanaian actor, movie director, and humanitarian. He is the chief executive officer of Sky + Orange production, a film production house.
As an actor, producer, model, and entrepreneur, Van Vicker has an estimated net worth of $5 million and is considered among the richest actors in Ghana.
3. John Dumelo – $5 Million
- Real Name: John Dumelo
- Date of Birth: February 3, 1984
- Age: 38 years old
- Birthplace: Ghana
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Parents: Antionette Dumelo, John Dumelo
- Education: Achimota School, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Nominations: Africa Movie Academy Award for Most Promising Actor, MORE
- Net Worth: $5 Million
- Instagram Handle: @johndumelo1
John Dumelo is a Ghanaian actor, farmer, and politician. On 1 April 2014, he emerged as the first Ghanaian to hit a million likes on Facebook. His parents are Mr. John Dumelo who was a Civil Engineer and Mrs. Antoinette Dumelo a Customs Officer.
John Dumelo is a politician looking forward to winning his first seat in parliament coming 2024, and an actor has an estimated net worth of $5 million making him one of the richest actors in Ghana.
John Dumelo’s source of income primarily is via acting and farming. Should he emerges victorious in the coming elections, his fortune will be improved.
2. Chris Attoh – $5 Million
- Real Name: Chris Attoh
- Date of Birth: May 17, 1979
- Age: 43 years old
- Birthplace: Ghana
- Spouse: Bettie Jenifer (m. 2018–2019), Damilola Adegbite (m. 2015–2017)
- Siblings: Ken Attoh
- Net Worth: $5 million
- Instagram Handle: @chrisattoh
Chris Attoh is a Ghanaian actor, film director, on-air personality, television presenter, and Producer. He is best known as “Kwame Mensah” in the Nigerian soap opera Tinsel.
Chris Attoh is one of the richest actors in Ghana with an estimated net worth of $5 million, per AllFamousBirthdays.
1. Peter Mensah – $8 Million
- Real Name: Peter Mensah
- Date of Birth: August 27, 1959
- Age: 63 years old
- Birthplace: Chira, Ghana
- Parents: Peter Osei Mensah
- Net Worth: $8 Million
- Instagram Handle: @pmensahonline
Source: Zea.NG | Ghana | Top Ten